4D product information for
Acorn World 97 Beta CD (S/H)
- Product Title: Acorn World 97 Beta CD (S/H)
- Manufacturer/Publisher: Acorn
- Stock Code: ACO-BETASH
- QuickCode: 19102
- Format: Acorn CD
- Product Group: Internet Software
- Condition: Used
- Availability: Usually available from stock
The disc comprises:
ARM: Datasheets and a selection of application notes from ARM. Please read and understand ARM.DISCLAIM . A number of these documents are only available in PDF format (filetype &ADF); you will need to download a copy of a suitable viewer to read these (such as !pdf by Leo Smiers, available from the HENSA and Imperial College ftp archives).
BOOKWORM: !Bookworm file:// URL browser (as shipped on RISC OS 3.7 machines) and HTMLified RISC OS User Guide
CREDITS: A little bit of limelight for the people and companies who directly or indirectly worked on producing this CD.
DIRECTOR: Version 1.3Beta of the Macromedia Director 4 movie player for RISC OS. This includes a separate application, conformant to our browser plugin spec, for rendering Shockwave movies authored with Director 4.
* !Browse: Beta version of Acorn's forthcoming WWW browser. Currently has sufficient plugin support to enable Java to communicate with it via the plugin protocol.
* !Connect: Application to handling ISP dialling and mail / news delivery and collection
* !Installer: Installation app for new modules and resources, including the nested window manager (as also required by Java)
* !Mail: Email client
* !Post_In, !Post_Out: Letterboxes for incoming and outgoing email
* !SerialDev: Blockdrivers for driving the serial port with modems
* !WebCache: Local URL object cache
* !WebServe: Local WWW server
JAVA: Acorn's current beta implementation of Java.
* JAVA061: Java 1.0.2 VM, AWT (this requires the Nested Wimp, qv) and the bytecode interpreter. Regrettably we are unable to supply a source > bytecode compiler or a JIT at this time... also this version of the engine must be copied to a hard disc before being run. In accordance with Sun's licensing conditions, this beta version will cease to work on March 1st 1998.
MANUALS: Spark-archived HTML manuals for the Internet software supplied on this CD.
NEWBOOT: A "universal" boot sequence and disc structure for systems running RISC OS 3.1 to 3.7. The bootstrap for this sequence is included as both !Boot (local hard disc) and !ShareBoot (Access network) variants; you should use whichever is appropriate to your machine and / or network configuration. This sequence also contains the RISC OS 3.1 - softloadable version of the Internet 5 IP stack.
README: You're doing so.
REPLAY3: Multitasking version of Acorn Replay, incorporating new clipping code which allows windows containing running movies to overlap other windows.
* FRONTEND: A small Toolbox-based application which is able to launch up to 6 simultaneous movies (when run on a StrongARM) under Replay 3
* MOVIES: A small selection of sample movies (Copyright Acorn)
* REPLAY: The codecs and players themselves (incorporating documentation)
RESOURCE: Third-party applications required to decompress and render some of the software and documentation on this disc.
* DEARCHIV: Self-extracting copy of David Pilling's !SparkPlug application. When run, it will build a copy of !SparkPlug in the CSD.
- Price: £15.00 no VAT to pay!
- Free UK delivery on orders of £10 or more! (exceptions apply)
For all your RISC OS requirements
Most orders of less than £10 will incur a £3 admin charge.
Items on special offer are while stocks last and may be time limited.
Items marked S/H are secondhand and have a 3 month warranty
Unless otherwise stated, photos are for illustrative purposes only
UK delivery included on orders of £10 or more (exceptions apply), please ask for overseas delivery cost.
Please check for compatibility. Official orders welcome. E&OE
If you have a sales enquiry please email our sales department
78 Brighton Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2EN, UK. 01903 523222 (full contact details)
If you have any comments or problems please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CJE Micro’s is not responsible for the contents of external internet sites.
Last updated: Sat, 19 May 2018